About Us


We are a married couple who retired and moved to Thailand in 2014. You are welcome to join us and our travel monkeys Sun Wukong and Malcolm Jr. on our adventures! We hope you enjoy the trip as much as we do.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bird Nest Confusion

One week to go! I am standing in my kitchen turning in circles trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing and the next I wander to the bedroom where my luggage is. It looks like something exploded and scattered artifacts of a female human to all corners of this small room. I stare and forget to breathe. Disoriented and feeling like a Mamma bird returning to see what is left of her nest after a storm. I want to cry but I don't really know why because I am not sad at the thought of leaving. And I want to dance for joy and life because our new adventures await.........So I just sit in my pile of rubble and wait for my breath to return to normal.

I gaze at the chaos trying to understand why this human has chosen these few precious items to haul half way around the planet. And as I do, the smile returns and I am strangely comforted at seeing a large safety pin peaking out from underneath my Hello Kitty bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment