About Us


We are a married couple who retired and moved to Thailand in 2014. You are welcome to join us and our travel monkeys Sun Wukong and Malcolm Jr. on our adventures! We hope you enjoy the trip as much as we do.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Choui Fong Tea Plantation, Chiang Rai, Thailand

On our trip with our friends Sengthong and Sompong we stopped at Choui Fong Tea Plantation. It was WONDERFUL! Like an inner city child that does not know milk comes from cows, I had never thought about where my tea comes from. I was like a little child experiencing something magical as I wandered through the rows and rows of tea plants. I was almost expecting the place to smell like a fresh cup of jasmine tea!

Choui Fong Tea Plantation

Three plantations with over 1,150 rai is equivalent to 455 acres of land and 2 processing plants that process over 1,000 tons per year.


















2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we went to the Mae Salong tea plantation in 2009 and it was really neat to see the tea, walk around, get the tea sample/ceremony and take lots of pictures of the surrounding. I remember a beautiful drive and really, just being in awe of the place :) Did you buy any tea? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hit beautiful weather the entire trip so it made the pictures turn out so good! Yes, I bought Jasmine leaf........I wanted Jasmine Pearl where they roll the leaf into tiny balls but they said, "No Have". The tea is really special, lovely and delicious. I will miss it when it is gone.

      Delete