About Us


We are a married couple who retired and moved to Thailand in 2014. You are welcome to join us and our travel monkeys Sun Wukong and Malcolm Jr. on our adventures! We hope you enjoy the trip as much as we do.

Friday, April 1, 2016

Melbourne, Australia

March 14, 2016

After being in some remote small villages, Melbourne was a shock to the senses.  There were two things I wanted to do:  Check out an Opal store that I found on-line and find Graffiti Alley.  The day was overcast and chilly when we arrived.  There is a metro kiosk in the terminal where we bought swipe cards for the ride to the center of the city.







 Old next to new


 The opal shop is owned by a man in his 60's that has been mining since he was 20 years old.  He had some pets in the back to show us.  I am holding a baby python and a Blue Tongued Lizard.  I surprised myself! 


 Graffiti Alley has been here since the early 1960's.  Below is a fake wallet as art.














 "Always Was, Always Will Be, Aboriginal Land"


 My favorite piece on the side of a large building

 We found wifi at Federation Square

 Series of sunset shots.  I like how Vince captured the large alien face in the first one



No comments:

Post a Comment